Recruiting online reading volunteers: resources for our Volunteer Coordinators
Excite your employees' interest in Chapter One with our volunteer recruitment toolkit!
As a Chapter One Volunteer Coordinator, your first step is to promote our online reading volunteer programme among your employees and get them excited about signing up!
In your communications, don't forget to emphasise to potential volunteers that Chapter One requires a weekly, 30-minute commitment to read with the same child from autumn to July (an entire academic year). To help you, we have put together a volunteer recruitment toolkit.
The toolkit is in two parts.
Part 1 - guides and resources for our Volunteer Coordinators
- Recruitment tips for Volunteer Coordinators
- Sample recruitment email (PDF) (Optional: Download in Word)
- Timetable and what Volunteer Coordinators should expect from Chapter One
- ID documents accepted for DBS checks (for volunteers in English schools)
- ID documents accepted for PVG checks (for volunteers in Scottish schools)
Part 2 - resources for you to excite your employees
- Summer 'Lunch and Learn' sessions on Zoom
- Why Chapter One Exists - The Reading Gap
- Chapter One information flyer
- Our Chapter One video
- Chapter One volunteer testimonials
- What does it take to be a Chapter One reading superhero?
- Role description for Chapter One online reading volunteer
- Signing up as a Chapter One volunteer: FAQs
We hope you find the information helpful and user friendly! Please do let our Corporate Partnership Manager, Anna Ansted, know if you do let us know if you need any of these materials in different formats.
Thank you for your support and we look forward to working together to help make every child a reader.