06 February 2023
Early Literacy Interventionists (Part-Time Tutors)
Early Literacy Interventionist
Now hiring for positions in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, Baltimore City, MD, North Chicago, IL, Waukegan, IL, Union City, CA, Denver, CO, and Zion, IL.
Share this page
Are you a college graduate looking to make a difference in the life of a child in just a few hours per day? Well, look no further! Chapter One is actively seeking qualified applicants to become reading tutors in classrooms across the country, and we are hiring for the 2022-2023 school year.
Chapter One believes that every child deserves their basic civil right to learn to read proficiently by the end of grade one and our Early Learning Interventionists are foundational to this mission.
Chapter One selects highly motivated, energetic individuals who love working with young children. Minimum requirements include a bachelor's degree, reliable transportation, availability to work Monday through Friday (morning availability), and completion of the school district background check. No prior experience is required for the right candidates.
Scope of Work:
- Provide initial placement and benchmark assessments during the school year.
- Develop a targeted approach of delivering 1:1 conferencing instruction to students using a variety of activities to reinforce phonemic awareness and word attack skills.
- Document each high dosage tutoring session with a note reviewing the skills practiced or mastered and a goal for the next session.
- Assign new practice skills during each session.
- Challenge students to reach each new goal and celebrate student success.
- Communicate on an ongoing basis with classroom instructors, reading interventionists, coaches, and administrators the current data and outcomes.
- Update the student independent practice, Student Portal, application as needed and troubleshoot tablet devices.
- Coach teachers in the use of Teacher Portal with students for guided reading groups.
- Integrate into each classroom as an additional intervention for students with individualized longitudinal data.
Alongside the impactful work of each school employee, the Early Literacy Interventionist blends seamlessly into the team. Chapter One provides the 1:1 support so crucial for individual growth with the ELI role. Because of this, many ELIs develop a deep and lasting rapport with the students and become another meaningful adult in the lives of the children served.
If interested in applying, please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject “Early Literacy Interventionists Job.”